5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2011 5:49 PM by the_wine_snob

Classroom in a book

jlmoore10 Level 1

I'm trying to download the Classroom in a Book dvd. Seems to be successful but when I try to open a lesson it does not open.

Any idea on what I might be doing wrong?

• 1. Re: Classroom in a book
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That's odd... my CIB has a DVD in a holder inside the back cover

What is the address of the web site where you are downloading?

• 2. Re: Classroom in a book
            jlmoore10 Level 1

Sorry, I wasn't clear...I have downloaded from the dvd that comes with the book.

However, when I go into Premiere and try to open any lesson it is not opening it.

I just get a blank workspace.

• 3. Re: Classroom in a book
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>downloaded from the dvd

Oh... do you mean you used Windows Explorer to COPY the contents of the DVD to your hard drive?

I am just confused here, and don't know what you mean

• 4. Re: Classroom in a book
                jlmoore10 Level 1

I am a Mac user. When I try to open my Premier tutorial lessons which have already been downloaded

it does not work correctly. For example, I choose lesson one and the workspace will open but it is blank,

meaning the tutorial lesson hasn't loaded onto the workspace. I'm guessing that I have downloaded

incorrectly.

• 5. Re: Classroom in a book
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

For the CiaB material, one must Copy the material from the DVD to an internal HDD, as the lessons progress.

For lessons with a Project (a PRPROJ file), that should, in fact, Open, when you click on it. In most lessons, there will also be necessary Assets, say MOV files, and they should be in the folder structure for that Project.

The "downloading" aspect is throwing me too. Can you clarify the exact operations that you have employed?

Thanks and good luck,

Hunt