1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 21, 2011 5:37 AM by Steve Grisetti

Sorry , aserious error has occurred.....  I get this message on opening premier elements 9

mosskill

Trial version of premier elements 9

came with photoshop elements 9 on disk. when i open it I get the window to open a project or start a new project. either way I get the message "sory....." click OK but nothing happens, it does not close down. I have been on to Adobe supprt to be told 2its a technical problem" when the chat page is then withdrawn.

Has Adobe solved this problem yet?? I see its been around since 2002!!!

• 1. Re: Sorry , aserious error has occurred.....  I get this message on opening premier elements 9
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you got a copy of Premiere Elements 9 in 2002, you're way ahead of the curve, moss.

Otherwise, you haven't given us nearly enough information to be able to help you.

Please tell us what operating system you're using, how fast your processor is, how much RAM you have and how much free, freshly defragmented space is on your C drive.

Have you ensured you have the latest version of Quicktime and the latest firmware for your video card from the nVidia or ATI web site? Have you manually gone to Windows Update and ensured you have even the non-critical updates?

Another other informaton you can provide can help.

I've run every version of this program on XP as well as the latest version on Windows 7 and Mac OSX Snow Leopard. So if you've been having problems since version 1, the problem is most likely on your system or is related to the type of video you're using as source files But we can't help you locate this problem without details and a lot of troubleshooting on your part.

In fact, it may be better for you to contact Adobe Tech Support directly. If youv'e really been having trouble running this program for 9 years, your problems may be way too deep to troubleshoot on this forum!

1 person found this helpful