1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 21, 2011 5:29 AM by Steve Grisetti

Premiere Elements 8 extremely slow on fast Win7x64 PC

neutron storm

Hello,

I have PE8 installed on a Phenom II X6, 8GB RAM with Windows 7 64 Bit, lots of HDD space free. When I start it, it takes ages until the welcome screen appears. Then the intro animations (including the advertisement of PE9) run sluggishly and opening/creating a project again takes ages. I basically don't reach the point where I could start to work. I have no clue what the reason could be - it ran fine on my previous PC (Athlon X2, 4GB RAM, Win7x32).

Any idea?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Fabian

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 8 extremely slow on fast Win7x64 PC
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The first time or so you open the program, it needs to install some components, so it may launch slowly.

Also, have you gone to Help/Check for Updates and installed the patch for version 8?

Have you ensured you have the latest version of Quicktime from Apple? Have you gone to the nVidia or ATI web site and ensured you have the latest firmware for your video card? Have you manually gone to Windows Update and ensured you have even the non-critical updates?

Particularly if this is a new computer, have you clear the tmp files and defragmented your hard drive?