0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2011 3:35 PM by StylusPilot

Strange layers issue when printing

StylusPilot

Hi Guys,

I am having a strange issue which is probably easy to fix however I am not a heavy adobe user and dont know where to start.

This is the rough process to explain my point but a summary is - when printing PDF files they do not appear as they do on screen.

A picture/document is created in Adobe Illustrator, an outline PDF is then created and saved

I can open the outline PDF successfully, in newer versions of PDF Reader (v8+) the PDF displays on screen correctly. In older versions the PDF is missing lines or various things.

If I print this PDF all these lines etc still missing. I know this sounds vague but I will try and explain.

An example is this - the document is a black box with a silver smaller box on top in the centre. On the screen it shows correctly. When I print, the black box is printed with no silver box.

I have just discovered that the silver box is actually printed however its printed in the background so I think its got to do with layers? If I make the black box to be white, and then print I can see my silver box, so its clear it has been printed in the wrong order.

Oh another thing I have found is the default format for saving PDF files is v1.5 if I choose an older version, the layers are printed correctly

I have both Adobe reader installed on Mac's and PC and the issue happens on both

Surely all the printers I have can't be all in-compatible

Printers:

Kyocera KM-4050

Kyocera FSC5200

Canon MX850

Lanier MP2500

Lanier MP2800