6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2011 7:27 PM by Samuel Chrisna

sequence settinggs

Samuel Chrisna Level 1

hi guys.. im new in adobe premiere and i want to ask.. i have doing the advice from this forum for drag the footage into new item and this file called 'bumper' and the bumper automatically placed in a new sequence. okay.. i bring u 2 pictures.. pic 1 showed that i have dragged the 'bumper' to a new a item and pic 2 showed the difference between original 'bumper' and 'bumper' which edited with adobe premiere... one thing that make confuse is why the result of my 'bumper' from adobe premiere is smaller from the original? i made this 'bumper' from after effect. you can see in second pic and i wrote number 2 at the original 'bumper' that i have made in after effect.. it looks large and good quality.. and the number one is the result of 'bumper' itself if i rendered with adobe premiere.. it looks small and the quality is sooooo pooorr.. why this is happened whereas i have put my 'bumper' into the new item..? what should i do for make my 'bumper' looks like the original 'bumper'??

adobe2.jpgadobe.jpg

• 1. Re: sequence settinggs
          dradeke Adobe Employee
          1. What is the frame size of the original media?
          2. What did you render out (codec?, preset?) of Premiere Pro?

My thinking is that you rendered out a final from Premiere Pro and didn't look at the output frame size.  Without some more info though, that's just a wild guess.

Dennis

• 2. Re: sequence settinggs
            Samuel Chrisna Level 1

i have asked this familiar question.. i dont know what is the best setting for the frame size and what did i render it out. there's someone suggest me there's no the best settings in premiere. just drag the footage into the new item and the sequence automatically adjust the best setting according the footage. i do the same way if i do some clip in after effect.. drag the HD footage into a new comp and the comp adjust the best setting for the clip. well, this is the setting that i used for make my 'bumper' in after effect. this setting is according my HD footage. the result of this setting looks same as my second picture before.. i wrote number 2..

Screen shot 2011-02-23 at 9.09.23 AM.png

• 3. Re: sequence settinggs
              Jim_Simon Level 8

One thing I notice is that your using a "square pixel" resolution, but you're not using square pixels.

That's odd.

• 4. Re: sequence settinggs
                Samuel Chrisna Level 1

picture above is composition's setting in after effect.. my question is, why if i rendered that clip based on that setting with premiere, why the quality of video itself dropped down.. see my question on top man..

• 5. Re: sequence settinggs
                  dradeke Adobe Employee

samuel_18 wrote:

i have asked this familiar question.. i dont know what is the best setting for the frame size and what did i render it out. there's someone suggest me there's no the best settings in premiere. just drag the footage into the new item and the sequence automatically adjust the best setting according the footage. i do the same way if i do some clip in after effect.. drag the HD footage into a new comp and the comp adjust the best setting for the clip. well, this is the setting that i used for make my 'bumper' in after effect. this setting is according my HD footage. the result of this setting looks same as my second picture before.. i wrote number 2..

Samuel,

This is a common misunderstanding, so no worries.  Basically, you have two things to worry about - your source footage and what you want your final product/project/timeline to be.  Premiere Pro is resolution independent, so it can mix all kinds of stuff on the same timeline and never worry about it.  Your timeline should always be set to the basic settings of your video.  IOW - if your footage is 1920x1080 @ 29.97, then your timeline should also be set to the same settings.  Premiere Pro has LOTs of presets, so once you understand the format of your camera and media, you should find the right preset.

On your output, you need to know what you're outputting to.  Is it DVD, Blu-ray?  Web could be all kinds of things - Vimeo, YouTube, etc.  Based on knowing what you want to output to, then choose the appropriate output settings or preset.

I hope this helps.

Dennis

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: sequence settinggs
                    Samuel Chrisna Level 1

after read ur statement, i explored the output setting by myself and i got thissss... im not set the output setting same as source footage. i think premiere adjust automatically the output setting as source setting.. after i make the output settings same as source setting, the size and the quality of my 'bumper' sooo gooooodd..

thanks a million..

Screen shot 2011-02-24 at 10.24.47 AM.png