6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2011 5:21 PM by jchunick

html property in Director 11.5

fansoftmedia

Did something change with the .html property in Director from MX2004 to 11.5?
      I have a project in MX2004 where I use the .html property to create tables. They look somewhat nice with borders and padding. But when I brought it into 11.5 everything looks wonky. Extra columns with random text seem to appear, there isn't any aligning and the padding don't seem to be there consistantly.

Overall it went from fairly nice rendering to crap...?

Does anyone know anything about this?

Is there just a missing xtra or did Director 11.5 just get worse at this from old versions?

Thanks for any help

• 1. Re: html property in Director 11.5
          fansoftmedia Level 1

Did something change with the .html property in Director from MX2004 to 11.5?
          I have a project in MX2004 where I use the .html property to create tables. They look somewhat nice with borders and padding. But when I brought it into 11.5 everything looks wonky. Extra columns with random text seem to appear, there isn't any aligning and the padding don't seem to be there consistantly.

Overall it went from fairly nice rendering to crap...?

Does anyone know anything about this?

Is there just a missing xtra or did Director 11.5 just get worse at this from old versions?

Thanks for any help

• 2. Re: html property in Director 11.5
            jchunick

do you have a stripped down example file you can share... maybe along with a screenshot to show the errors between D10 & D11.5?... I have both (on win7) that I can test with for you, but I need some reference as to what errors you get.

AFAIK, there shouldn't be any differences in the .html rendering of text members btwn. the old and new versions. What build of D11.5 do you have?

• 3. Re: html property in Director 11.5
              fansoftmedia Level 1

Thanks a bunch for the response!

I JUST downloaded Director 11.5 in the last month, so I assume it's the latest build.

I put the two .dir files here: (each one named according to the version of Director it should be opened with)

However, they are IDENTICAL scripts..Just just process differently in each version.

http://www.draftorder.com/Director_HTML_Files/

Also, I attached two images below...

The first being the MX2004, and the last one Director 11.5.

You will notice the first one looks quite nice. There is padding, and everything aligns.

The second one not only looks uglier with the fonts, but it messes up the aligning and jumbles the data in the cell.

Director_MX2004.png

Director 11_5.png

• 4. Re: html property in Director 11.5
                jchunick Level 2

I've tested your code and although there were a few minor errors in the HTML, fixing those did not fix the problem. It does indeed look like a bug in D11.5... I'll submit a bug report.

• 5. Re: html property in Director 11.5
                  fansoftmedia Level 1

Many thanks @jchunick!

So, do they normally "respond" to these submitted bug requests. Or is it usually just a think where it gets submitted, and hopefully then fix it later on?

Thanks

• 6. Re: html property in Director 11.5
                    jchunick Level 2

I've been on the beta programs in the past so I have contacts and can pass along this info.