3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2011 11:59 PM by Harbs.

Bug: Default Panel width on Photoshop CS5 12.0.2 (all CS5 products?)

Anastasiy Safari Level 1

Hi!

It seems, the Photoshop CS5 12.0.2 update sets the default panel's width to 10 px on Mac.

When I clean install the panel on new Photoshop it first opens like a thin line about 10 px width

and about 300px height. It looks very strange and some people cannot scale it back with ease.

(On Windows the 132px problem persists (bug #9 from here) even after update - panel cannot be scaled less than

132px)

Thanks

Update: This behaviour is also confirmed on Illustrator CS5, so I guess it's a wider thing connected to the latest update of some CS5 component.

• 1. Re: Bug: Default Panel width on Photoshop CS5 12.0.2 (all CS5 products?)
          Anastasiy Safari Level 1

It seems, one of the latest updates to Adobe Creative Suite CS5 broke something with scaling of the panels.

The problem persists on both platforms in every single Adobe Suite software.

I'm using CSXSWindowedApplication and whenever I try to set its width and height on start - the panel resets to some arbitrary dimensions with minimum width. On Mac it is 50px (Width) x Something px (Height). On Windows it is 132px x Something px (Height). On Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign I workaround it by setting width and height maybe 5 times and it works - panel visually resizes multiple times and flickers. But in the end the width is OK.

On Dreamweaver/Flash - it doesn't work. Panel always being reset.

People confirmed it on several different computers.

I didn't experience it myself, didn't have time to check these panels, but I will try to reproduce it on a simple layout and post code here. My layout is rather complex - a lot of VBoxes and HBoxes etc.

But the problem appeared only with the latest update to CS5. All my older (CSXSWindowedApplication) panels cannot change their widths.

• 2. Re: Bug: Default Panel width on Photoshop CS5 12.0.2 (all CS5 products?)
            Anastasiy Safari Level 1

OK, I found the source of this bug.

minWidth. When you set minWidth on CSXSWindowedApplication with the latest updates to CS5, the suite will strangerly resize your panel to this minWidth whenever you try to set this.width. I will post it to the list of bugs.

The test case is very simple:

<csxs:CSXSWindowedApplication minWidth="10" applicationComplete="on_creation_complete()"  xmlns:csxs="com.adobe.csxs.core.*" xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" layout="absolute" historyManagementEnabled="false">
                <mx:Script>
                    <![CDATA[

private function on_creation_complete(): void

{

// the following line will scale the panel to its minWidth value instead of 500

this.width = 500;
                            this.height = 500;
                        }

]]>
                </mx:Script>
                <mx:VBox height="100%" width="100%" verticalAlign="middle" horizontalAlign="center">
                </mx:VBox>
            </csxs:CSXSWindowedApplication>