0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2011 10:27 AM by StevenErat

FYI: Extension Builder project w/ LCDS: channel-definition endpoint having context.root

StevenErat Level 1

This is an FYI of an issue and its workaround.

If developing a CS SDK Extension in Flash Builder / Extension Builder and the project is configured to use LCDS (LiveCycle DataServices), then if your services-config.xml contains Channel definitions having the variable {context.root} in the endpoint URL, then the following error will occur.  This will happen even if you are not using that Channel in your Destination channel list.

The services-config.xml laid down when using LCDS integrated into ColdFusion has by default some channel definitions using context.root in the endpoint URLs.   This is how I encountered the issue.  On the other hand, the free developer edition of LCDS on Tomcat puts down a services-config.xml that does not have any reference to {context.root} in channel definitions, so the problem will not be encountered there.

Since I was not using a context root (was using the default of just "/"), I commented out the offending channels in services-config.xml to resolve the issue.  One could also leave the (unused) channel definitions and then remove the {context.root} part from the endpoint.

ERROR

---------------------------------
      The services configuration includes a channel-definition 'java-amf' that has an endpoint with a context.root token but a context root has not been defined. Please specify a context-root compiler argument.

CHANNEL DEFINITION

---------------------------------------------

<!--  Java Based Endpoints -->

<channel-definition id="java-amf" class="mx.messaging.channels.AMFChannel">
                  <endpoint uri="http://{server.name}:{server.port}{context.root}/flex2gateway/amf" class="flex.messaging.endpoints.AMFEndpoint"/>
              </channel-definition>

screen-capture-6.png