I think you are talking about text popups rather than ordinary topics where the link defines it as a popup, correct?
If so I don't use them but I have a feeling they don't have a file extension. ZoomSearch by default has an option selected to search files with no extension. Try turning it off.
If that is not the scenario, more information please.
See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips
Yes, thanks for the clarification. Your assumption is correct - I am talking about Text-only Popups..
Unfortunately, I have already toggled the "Scan files with no extensions" option OFF.......it was a brilliant idea though...
Why aren't the zoomstop and restart comments working in this case? Hmm....
:::::::::headed over to the zoom forum:::::::::::
Don't mean to butt in (especially because I don't know that much about Peter's revered Zoom Search.)
To my knowledge there is no separate file for Text Only Popups. Rather the text is actually embedded within the topic code itself.
<p>To determine the policy for taking time off, consult the <a class="popupspot"
So, I presume Zoom Search is sucking it up as simply part of the topic text.
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
No, thanks very much for your imput...!
You're correct, there is no separate file for text popups, but the search engine is treating them (and displaying them in the results) as separate files. I can actually just open the popup file and get a yellow page with just the popup text on it. It's not being sucked up as part of the page content.
Using Zoom-specific comment lines, you can tell the search function to skip certain words/sentences/paragraphs/etc. I wrapped these specific comment lines around the popup, so zoom would just skip over them (not important enough to include in the search function) but it's not working.
So, my issues are:
1- Zoom is treating these popups as if they are individual, separate-from-the-rest-of-the-page-content, files
2 - Comment lines to skip the popup are being ignored
Wow,........I DO have 2 additional .htm files in my folder - one for each of my popups! "text0" and "text1" have been added to the filename to represent these popups. I had been viewing the directory in a windows explorer window, I hadn't refreshed it! (simply because I didn't know I added any new files (because I didn't add them, RH did!)
Interesting to note these .htm popup files do not display in the RH Project Manager!
Excluding these specific files from the zoom indexer solved my problem.......
Snap! I feel silly not thinking about the output files! (That's why they are not found in the PM source files.)
Thanks for sleuthing this.