0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2011 4:21 AM by Emin_ence

Need help installing Adobe Reader, Error 1402

Emin_ence

Hello, this is my first time here at the forums.

So my problem is obviously having trouble installing Adobe Reader X (Latest Version) I had to reinstall it due to this error,

I've tried looking at these steps: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/329/329137.html but they didn't work.

I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

I get stuck at step 10 of More Solutions (Advanced)

The error I get when I try to 'Replace permission on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects' is:

Auditing - 'Registry Editor could not set security in the key currently selected, or some of its subkeys.

The key that cannot be opened during installation is in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE32\Software\Classes\PDF.PdfCtrl.6\CLSID

Notes:

I've already set full permission to access this key.

The 'Replace permission on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects' checkbox is actually named

'Replace all existing inheritable permissions on all descendants with inheritable permissions from this object' on my Windows, I think it's basically the same thing, because it's in the same spot as the one in the support picture, so I'm just assuming that's Windows 7 and I'm using Vista which shouldn't be too different.

I've already followed all the instructions correctly, and I don't have spysweeper, McAfee on my system or any viruses/spyware, I update Windows regularly and my AntiVirus is Norton AntiVirus which is updated as well, and this doesn't seem to interfere with the installation files as you can see this is a registry problem.