3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2011 5:22 AM by Braeneukmary

Nikon D7000

Braeneukmary

I have just purchased a Nikon D7000 and have discovered that Photoshop CS4 does not support the camera.  However, I have downloaded the DNG Converter 6.3 and can now edit in CS4.  Today, I created some multiple exposures in camera and they look fine in NikonViewNX2.  However, when converted to dng. they take a horrible magenta cast.  This was never a problem with Elements 5 or CS4.  Is there a solution?  Any help appreciated.  Mary.

• 1. Re: Nikon D7000
          Noel Carboni Level 7

It's a known problem with the current version of Camera Raw, Lightroom, and the DNG converter.

From this page for example:

"Nikon D7000 users will still need to endure a problem with the use of multiple exposure mode on their cameras that produces a strong magenta cast and there is a known problem with Japanese language file names when using the SmugMug online photo hosting service."

This page describes some workarounds:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/882/cpsid_88275.html

New releases for these tools come out about every 3 months or so.  The last set came out in early December.

-Noel

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Nikon D7000
            Braeneukmary Level 1

Many thanks.  I was wondering about Lightroom but will wait and see if the update comes.  Don't want anything else that doesn't work properly.

Thanks again.

Mary.

• 3. Re: Nikon D7000
              Braeneukmary Level 1

Noel,

Many thanks.  I have reported the problem to Adobe as suggested below.  I was a

bit naive in not suspecting that there would be problems with a new camera. 

Adobe will hopefully sort out the software problems and Sigma have told me that

they will make my 105mm lens work on the D7000.

Looking forward.

Mary.