6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2011 2:19 PM by Glitchdog

Can someone confirm that this is a bug?

Huntrex Level 2

Hey guys,

I recently used the built-in DeNoiser audio plugin for a project I am editing. Almost immediately after applying the effect, Premiere CS5 crashed. Now that I think back, this has happened one other time after the effect was applied. To speak of, these are the only two crashes I've had with PP CS5. DeNoiser is a useful effect, and although I don't use it all the time, it definitely comes in handy in certain situations.

Has anyone else experienced simalar behavior?

• 1. Re: Can someone confirm that this is a bug?
          Jim_Simon Level 8

I don't recall Premiere Pro ever crashing after applying this effect.

• 2. Re: Can someone confirm that this is a bug?
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Have you installed the recent updates? What operating system? Tell us about your hardware.

• 3. Re: Can someone confirm that this is a bug?
              Huntrex Level 2

Hey Todd.

Yes, I'm using the latest version of Premiere (5.0.3), and am using it on a Windows 7 x64 system. To speak of, this didn't happen with CS4 on the same system, although I cannot be certain of this because CS4 crashed on me quite frequently regardless of whither this effect was applied.

It doesn't instantly crash after the effect is applied. The crash occurs at seemingly random times, usually while playing the clip the effect was applied to.

The following is a record of the crash in the event viewer:

"Problem signature:

P1: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

P2: 5.0.2.0

P3: 4c731297

P4: DeNoiser2.dll

P5: 2.0.0.1

P6: 4b040844

P7: c0000005

P8: 000000000006a8b1

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

C:\Users\Mitch\AppData\Local\Temp\WERC047.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:

C:\Users\Mitch\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Adobe Premiere P_9ab33fbef7f5bcf1d6f55badda31669094f7ef2b_0f77d915

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: c2baa684-ead1-11df-94f2-001ec94ef47f

Report Status: 0"

I'll have to do some experimenting and try to gather more information for you to go on.

• 4. Re: Can someone confirm that this is a bug?
                Todd_Kopriva Level 8

The crash record says that you're using Premiere Pro 5.0.2, not 5.0.3.

• 5. Re: Can someone confirm that this is a bug?
                  Huntrex Level 2

In reading the report again, I see that this crash occurred on version 5.0.2. Maybe this was fixed in the latest update. I'll try applying it to a couple of clips and let you know what happens.

• 6. Re: Can someone confirm that this is a bug?
                    Glitchdog Level 1

I just stumbled on this post after searching to no avail and then posting the question myself. We are fairly new to Premiere using 5.5.3. It crashes randomly after the audio DeNoiser filter is applied. It's very stable otherwise. I'm curious if anyone else continues to have this problem. Woudn't it be fixed by now?

The actual footage in our case is H.264 shot with a DSLR @ 24p, some audio interviews are in .wav at 44.1khz and the rest is 48 khz within the H.264 footage. Sorry, don't know the format. We're using an iMac, quad core i5, 17 gigs memory, 10.6.8 w/a RAID connected via firewire 800.