5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2011 8:24 AM by the_wine_snob

pre 9 element video

VICTOR1430

how do you delete a title from the open project drop down memo in pre 9 element video section

• 1. Re: pre 9 element video
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Victor,

Welcome to the forum.

how do you delete a title from the open project drop down memo in pre 9 element video section

Unfortunately, I am not following you here. Can you be a bit more specific?

If you have added a Title, you can Rt-click on that, and choose Delete and close gap, but I think that you are talking about something else.

Are you in the Timeline View Mode, or in the Sceneline View Mode. Timeline is much easier to do an involved editing in.

Good luck, and please let us know more, thanks.

Hunt

• 2. Re: pre 9 element video
            nealeh Level 5

Are you talking about the 'Open Recent Project' item on the File Menu?

2.png

These are stored in the Registry as shown below. You could delete them from there manually if you are comfortable with Registry editing.

1.png

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 3. Re: pre 9 element video
              VICTOR1430 Level 1

bill

in adobe premier elements 9 on the welcome screen you have the open project folder. you click on that. you have the project listed

how do you delete them.

• 4. Re: pre 9 element video
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you mean the recent file list, you can try going to Premiere Elements Edit menu and selecting Preferences.

On the Media Cache page, you can clear the media cache.

I think this will work. If not, I'm not sure what will clear the recent projects list -- for any program, for that matter.

• 5. Re: pre 9 element video
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Victor,

Thank you for the clarification.

On a Windows machine, there is a Recent Documents folder. It lists a number of recently viewed files. Those are kind of sorted by the associated program for that/those file type(s). What this means is that PrE is associated with PREL files, so if you have five recently Opened PREL files in that Recent Documents folder, they will show up, and all of your DOC, JPEG, etc. files will NOT show up. There is a limit to the number of files in the Recent Files folder, but I do not know what it is, and it probably changes by OS version, just a bit. Also, some programs will limit the display of the Recent Files for those programs. A few programs allow one to list different numbers of Recent Files, but not all.

In some programs, if one Deletes the file, then the progarm updates and also removes that from the list. Other programs do not. Adobe InDesign is one such program, and my Recently Opened INDD files will show the list, regardless of whether they are still around the system, or not. However, as soon as I click to Open one, that has been Deleted, I get the message that the file cannot be found, and next time, it will NOT appear in the list. Sort of differs by program.

Now, I think that Neale has the method to get what you want, above. You can purge the Recent Files folder, and that should get you what you want. I do not think that PrE has its own, separate cache of Recent Files (PREL's in its case), but it might. Someone else will have to give you that info. I would pruge the Recent Files (or similar syntax - think that Vista might have called it Recent Documents?) folder, but this will remove all Recent Files from all programs' list. However, as you start Opening Projects, that list will be repopulated.

I hope that this is what you want, and good luck,

Hunt