2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2011 5:50 AM by the_wine_snob

Customizing Audio In Menu PreE 8

junior166 Level 1

Would like to know how to adjust audio volume in custom menu....the thing is when I add a song to be added as part of the menu it is very loud unlike when I add an mp3 to the time line and able to adjust it right on the yellow line or use the gain...but in the menu creation I do not seem to have these options for adjustments. I learned this when my project was burned to DVD and played on a set top.

Thank You

Junior

• 1. Re: Customizing Audio In Menu PreE 8
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You are correct. You can not change the audio level of music used as a menu background.

You will need to open your music clip in an audio program (like the free download Audacity) and set the volume levels in it.

• 2. Re: Customizing Audio In Menu PreE 8
            the_wine_snob Level 9

As Steve points out, there is no Audio adjustment in the authoring portion of PrE. That is done in either an audio-editing program, or in a separate Project in PrE, to be used in your main Project.

This ARTICLE will give you tips on modifying Motion Assets (Video & Audio) for Menu Sets in PrE. Make sure that you do not exceed the max. Duration for use in a Menu Set.

As for those Assets, I would not use MP3's, and would convert those to PCM/WAV 48KHz 16-bit, when you adjust the Volume of those Clips, with a Save_As. This ARTICLE will give you a little background on MP3's. Some MP3's work fine, but others just will not.

Good luck,

Hunt