1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 25, 2011 11:07 AM by Steve Grisetti

Problem using Video clips from Sony HD camcorder in Premier Elements 8.

scenicshutterbug

I copied video clips from my Sony DCR-SR40 hard drive camcorder using Sony's PMB software.  I can see the clips in the PC's directory, identified as type "Movie Clip" and showing a .mpg extension.  (I am running under Windows 7, Professional).  When I go to Premier Elements and try to bring those clips into a project using Get Media>PC Files and Folders, it brings up a selection box that shows MODD, MOFF and Movie Clip files.  If I highlight one of the movie clip files, the selection box starts scrolling though all the files in the directory, and ultimately comes back with a message that says: "No items match your search".

Interestingly, when I look at the files inside of the PMB software, I think these files show an MPEG-2 file format.  I don't know if that is significant.

I have no idea what is going on.  Can anyone help me bring these files into Premier Elements so that I can work with them?  (The files are still on the camcorder if I need to import them differently.)

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Problem using Video clips from Sony HD camcorder in Premier Elements 8.
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You should not be using your camcorder's software to capture this video.

You should open a new Premiere Elements project. Make sure that the project settings are set to Hard Disk, Flash Memory Camcorder.

Then plug your camcorder into your computer's USB and use Premiere Elements' Get Media/From AVCHD or Other Hard Disk camcorder to download the video into the program.

This video format will likely need rendered often so, whenever you see red lines above the clips on your timeline, press Enter to render this segment. (The red lines will turn green.)