9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2011 7:57 PM by sensesfailkid234

Navagation buttons from custom artwork...

sensesfailkid234 Level 1

Hey everyone, I just have a quick question. I'm trying to make a few navigation buttons from custom artwork that i created but im not sure exactly the right way to do it. I'm new to web design but am able to understand things pretty quickly.

Below is a screenshot of what i want the page to look like:

Screen shot 2011-02-25 at 12.25.03 PM.png

The circular navigation buttons on the left side is the part I am asking about. In the CSS for the side i dedicated a class called sidebar to it and already have it in place within my HTML document.

Below is a screenshot of what I have done so far:

Screen shot 2011-02-25 at 12.24.33 PM.png

I am still working out other parts of the page but I know enough to do that. Where the text is on the left is where I want to put the navigation buttons. I'm not sure the best way to do this and I'm not even sure if i know how to at all. Is there a way to import the entire nav buttons, which is a single image made from an illustrator document as of right now, or bring them in as all separate images and position them somehow with CSS. I also thought about using Fireworks because i know that you can separate images into different sections. If anyone could give me a solution I would greatly appreciate it. I also can post my code if that helps. If you want it please specify if you want to see the HTML or CSS as I have the CSS in an external document.

Thanks, Kyle