0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2011 2:56 PM by isamguy0

can haz animation advice? squiggling line

isamguy0

Hi, kinda new to flash animation, and i'm probably taking on something too intense... just wanted some advice.

So I'm trying to animate a logo. I have story-boarded the basics of the animation in Illustrator. Here it is.

Picture 2.png

Imagine you squirt some silly-string underwater, and at the end of the silly string is a heavy marble. The string shoots out and the marble pulls the elastic string tight and recoils. The string recoils into the wordmark.

I know i can have the whole line from the beginning, just masked off and revealed as it motion-tweens to the left.

I know i can tweak 'easing' to give it some organic reality.

But i need to figure out how to create the basic line animation...

- I can't seem to get a decent shape tween (or multiple jerky shape tweens). I hate that my smooth pen-tool created line in flash ultimately breaks down to a basic mushy pixel-based 'drawing object' and loses the math.

- I have considered constructing a chain of IK bones made of like 300 little circles... seriously? i mean i can do it, but i think IK eats up memory?

- I don't know too much actionscript, though i'm not terrible at math... and would settle for a modified sine-wave sorta thing.

any thoughts?