I don't really think you should use 32MB RAM, use at least 2GB RAM.
I'm going to guess that "32MB" is a typo. I think my phone has more than that.
well, now that was silly. Yes I meant to say 32GB but in reality I have 24GB instead. It is an I7
Hey, don't feel badly, as when I saw the title of the post, I thought that you were talking about my acting debut...
Yours is the first i7 I have heard of that contains duodeca cores. Maybe Intel would be surprised as well. Even the future releases after Q4 2011 do not go further than deca or octo cores.
Jerking is often caused by unbalanced systems, but unless we know the specifics of your system, it is only guessing.
My guess it's an i7 with 6 cores with hyperthreading engaged. What might be helpful is how your hard drives are set up.
Here are all of the specifics
I have an I7 980 HexaCore Extreme
24GB DDR3-1333 RAM
Intel x58 Gigabit LAN (Sabertooth Motherboard)
1.5TB SATA 3Gbps Seagate 7200RPM C drive (Pagefile is on this drive)
nVidia Quadro 4000 2GB DDR5
4x 1.5GB SATA 3Gbps NCQ 32MB 7200 3TB Raid-10
Windows 7 64bit Pro
Using GPU for AME
Scratch Disks Same as Project
Project is DV NTSC
Source files are DV
Timeline is 32 minutes
No crazy effects, just straight up disolves
Thanks for the details.
Is this a Matrox Project?
Have you updated CS5?
Do you have the latest Matrox drivers?
Two possible suspects:
2. Raid10 on the mobo.
Effectively you have two disks, C and the raid10 and the last one is not as fast as a two disk raid0. Two disks is the minimum requirement, so adding one would not be unwise.
Are you telling me that a Raid-10 is less performant that a Raid-0? I thought a Raid-10 was a Raid 1 & 0. I have 4 drives total. 2 for the Raid-0 and then 2 for the mirrors giving me a total of 3GB with a 3GB mirror. I thought that was the best you could do.
While I have Matrox, this particular project is not using it so no, it is not a Matrox project, however, yes the drivers are up to date.
This is a turnkey system I bought so everything came pre-configured. There are times with it just hums and then there are times when just switching the export options takes up to 1 minute just to bring the dialog up. It is very frustrating since I paid oodle gobs of money for this thing.
I did the benchmark test and submitted my results. I am not sure what will come of that.
My numbers were
"523","17","73","94" - Software
"523","17","73","10" - Hardware
Thank you both for responding.
My system has done an awful lot of crashing as well and I am not quite sure what to make of that but I have been working with Adobe on some of it. I did manage to find a bug I smile, because I found one, but at the same time I cry :'( because I found a bug and wanted to use the clock transition. They have not yet given me a date as to when it will be fixed.