1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 26, 2011 4:18 AM by nealeh

Trial watermark ... yet again?

TheAmishman

This question has been posed here before in iterations too numerous to mention, but for the sake of redundancy, I'll post it again with a different slant:

The notice from Adobe states that a watermark will appear in all videos produced by PrEl .. fine.  It doesn't say that the watermark will appear in every working space, on every still, and on every video clip when all you are doing is editing.  The watermark appears on everything I do!

I understand the need for the watermark to appear on finished product, but to contend with it in a testing and editing mode, even in unrendered videos, is asking a bit much; or am I doing something wrong?

I downloaded this trial to compare it against several other video editing products; I am building the same set of test clips to compare the ease at doing so, the quality of the results, and the performance of the test applications on my system when using my material when building a test movie.

My problem is ... how in the world can I evaluate something, anything - Effects, transitions, etc. when every clip, and every frame, and every still has a horizontal bar across the middle, placed strategically of course, where one tends to center most of the action on a still or video and where one tends to focus ones evaluation.  How annoying!  How shortsighted.  If a vendor creates a product that is so cumbersome to use for evaluation purposes that getting past the restrictions to evaluating it become the primary exercise, then maybe the product has not met the mark?

Yeah, I read the gurus answer ... just buy the product and the annoying watermark will go away.  Rubbish.  I will not be annoyed into buying anything.

And it's very difficult evaluating something when the results to be evaluated are "damaged" from the get-go.  As I commented, put all the watermarkls you like on the finished product, but give me some breathing room on the editing side.  I really don't need to be reminded at every conceivable turn that I'm using the Trial Version of Premiere Elements, the very same reminder which might just convince me to vote with my $$$ purchase elsewhere.

To the moderators:

Thanks for this forum ... I have read it every day for a week, perusing new entries to glean an insight into this product's inner workings.  But don't ask me to post this on Adobe's web site ... if their product and marketing support people aren't reading this forum, then they won't see this post and others on the same topic, which means they either don't care or they're missing a great marketing opportunity.

• 1. Re: Trial watermark ... yet again?
          nealeh Level 5

TheAmishman wrote:

I really don't need to be reminded at every conceivable turn that I'm using the Trial Version of Premiere Elements, the very same reminder which might just convince me to vote with my $$$ purchase elsewhere.

CyberLinks PowerDirector, Sony Vegas Movie Studio and Magix Movie Edit Pro all get good reviews here as alternatives.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children