6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2011 12:44 PM by rdwilli4

CanoScan LiDE 25 scanner won't create PDF with Adobe X

rdwilli4

I have a CanoScan LiDE 25 scanner that can create a PDF document from a scan. Per Adobe's prompt I recently downloaded the latest Adobe Reader X (version 10.0.1). After the download, the scanner no longer recognized Adobe PDF as valid scan option.

1) I installed the latest CanoScan driver, and unistalled/einstalled the CanoScan toolbox, but still could not scan into a PDF document.

2) I uninstalled Adobe X and installed an earlier version of Adobe Reader and now I can scan into PDF like I used to.

Does anyone know if Adobe is going to correct this problem in Adobe Reader X ??

Thanks!

• 1. Re: CanoScan LiDE 25 scanner won't create PDF with Adobe X
          ravishar Level 1

Hi

Can you please tell from where you are invoking scan i.e Acrobat or Scanner? One can initiate scan from Scanner by pressing the scan button on the scanner or through Acrobat by going to File > Create > PDF from Scanner.

-Ravish

• 2. Re: CanoScan LiDE 25 scanner won't create PDF with Adobe X
            rdwilli4 Level 1

Hi Ravish,

I tried invoking the scan in two ways: 1) I pressed the scan button on the

scanner and it opens the CanoScan Toolbox, and 2) I opened the CanoScan Toolbox

(version 4.9). In either case, the CanoScan Toolbox does not recognize the PDF

application - see the attached Word document for more information and

screen-shots.

If I try scanning through Acrobat by going to File > Create > PDF from Scanner,

I do not see a "PDF from Scanner" option (see attached JPG).

Thanks!

Ron Williford

[signature deleted by host]

• 3. Re: CanoScan LiDE 25 scanner won't create PDF with Adobe X
              ravishar Level 1

Hi Ron

Unfortunately, I did not get any of the attachments that you sent. Can you please mail them to ravishar@adobe.com?      

Doesn't your CanoScan Toolbox look like the one shown below?   If it does, then click ok the Browse button and choose Adobe Reader/Acrobat as the application which should be launched with the scanned PDF.

CanoScan25.jpg

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: CanoScan LiDE 25 scanner won't create PDF with Adobe X
                ravishar Level 1

Hi Ron

Please have a look at the image below and confirm if this is what you also see in your Acrobat.

CreatePDFFromScanner.jpg

• 5. Re: CanoScan LiDE 25 scanner won't create PDF with Adobe X
                  Bernd Alheit Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I have a CanoScan LiDE 25 scanner that can create a PDF document from a scan. Per Adobe's prompt I recently downloaded the latest Adobe Reader X (version 10.0.1). After the download, the scanner no longer recognized Adobe PDF as valid scan option.

1) I installed the latest CanoScan driver, and unistalled/einstalled the CanoScan toolbox, but still could not scan into a PDF document.

2) I uninstalled Adobe X and installed an earlier version of Adobe Reader and now I can scan into PDF like I used to.

Does anyone know if Adobe is going to correct this problem in Adobe Reader X ??

Thanks!

Disable the protection mode in the preferences of Adobe Reader X.

• 6. Re: CanoScan LiDE 25 scanner won't create PDF with Adobe X
                    rdwilli4 Level 1
                    CanoScan PDF settings window.jpgHi Ravish,
                    Thanks for the information. I was out of town and didn't have the scanner with me to try your suggestion before now.
                    1) I opened the CanoScan Tool Box;
                    2) clicked on the PDF icon;
                    3) the pdf scanner settings window opened;
                    4) the existing external program pointed to Adobe reader 8.0
                          (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe);
                    5) I hit the "delete" button and it deleted that external program;
                    6) I hit the "set" button and found the Adobe Reader X program
                          (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe), and
                    7) I added that as the external program.
                    The CanoScan now scans into PDF - everything is working perfectly!
                    Thanks!!!
                    Ron