6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2013 12:16 PM by Ann Bens

Hollywood Fx in Elements 9

movietone2

I have an old Hollywood FX plus 4.5 that I used on Windows xp in elements 4.

I now have Windows 7 and I can not gat Hollywood to work in Windows 7.

is there any way of using this old software in Elements.

Thanks

Movietone

• 1. Re: Hollywood Fx in Elements 9
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It depends.

What did you do to get it to work in version 4?

• 2. Re: Hollywood Fx in Elements 9
            the_wine_snob Level 9

That is a good question.

Going back some years, and some versions, there were instructions for using Hollywood FX in PrPro, up to about CS3. This required one to Rename a bunch of files, with new extensions. Then, with PrPro CS4, it seemed that no one could get it to work any longer, even with the hacking of the files. Could have been a change in CS4, or perhaps that OS's had moved from XP to Vista, or early Win7.

Do not recall seeing anything on getting the FX to work in PrE, so there could well be differences, that will still accommodate that, in recent versions of PrE.

If you find a method, please update this thread, and many migrated from Pinnacle, and have tons of Hollywood FX Effects/Transitions.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Hollywood Fx in Elements 9
              movietone2 Level 1

Thanks '

I have used fx in prem 2. the reason I want to use Hollywood fx is the Wedding book effect which i'v used in the past and would like to use for a wedding I am shooting later this month to start the dvd with photo's with page turns. I can not remember if i need use prem elements 4 or prem pro2.with Hollywood.

Regards

Movietone

• 4. Re: Hollywood Fx in Elements 9
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Once again, if you can tell us how you were able to interface the older version Premiere Elements with this program, we can tell you how to interface with the latest.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Hollywood Fx in Elements 9
                  leipchan5

I have the same problem.  I have Hollywood FX 5, regular, gold and bronze.  In premiere Elements 9 and 10 I just copied the plugins from Hollywoods "Host Plugins" into PRE10 plugin/en_US and it worked fine.  Now with PRE11 it does not work.  I downloaded Pixelan 3D six pack demo and that goes into PRE11 just fine.  Please help!!!! I spendt alot of money on all the hollywood programs.  The .prm files from my Hollywood programs that worked in PRE10, but not in PRE11 are:

Fx-5Hfx4BRZ, Fx-5Hfx4GLD, HfxEdt5.

• 6. Re: Hollywood Fx in Elements 9
                    Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The most logic reason i can think of for it not working in E11 is because E11 is 64 bits and the plugin is not.