2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2011 3:06 AM by mikeh14101

adobe reader x

zjeepster88

seems to me that is version is totally full of bugs that need to be addressed.  everytime i try to download, print, save a pdf file from the internet, the computer locks up, can not close application,  I have to physically reset the computer.  Now the version works when i open an existing pdf it works. Just the printing has a problem.

computer = 2.8 quad 4

4 gigs of memory 1066mhz

1 terabyte harddrive  sata  

1 gig hd video card (sepearate and own memory)

windows xp pro sp3

Now just to stop the flaming-   i have no issues with any other programs that i have loaded on this computer ( and i have some programs that use alot of the available resources)  and no i dont use these programs when i use the adobe reader x. I allready disabled most features trying to get adobe x working and nothing seems to help.  just the new version of adode reader x.  i have uninstalled this version and downloaded the older version, this version works without a problem.   if there is a fix to this please let me know, and i would gladly install the new version..

• 1. Re: adobe reader x
          pwillener Level 8

zjeepster88 wrote:

everytime i try to download, print, save a pdf file from the internet, the computer locks up, can not close application,  I have to physically reset the computer.

Is that happening with the browser plugin (what browser, b.t.w.), or you open the PDF in the separate Reader window?

When that happens, are you able to open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) to see if any processes use very high CPU or memory?

• 2. Re: adobe reader x
            mikeh14101

Not only is it full of bugs it installs unwanted and unrequested software - surely this is Adobe acting as a software pirate. I did not ask for nor did I want Macafee security inspector installed on my machine.

Has anyone else had this act of blatant abuse?