Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 13042 while trying to install

Feb 27, 2011 Feb 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When first trying to download reader X I was getting error: The download did not pass the integrity check (16299.304.450) at 83%

Checked here on these fourms for a solotion and found get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise . That link worked for downloading however I am now getting the error 13042 while trying to install.

Running Windows 7 on an Asus F3JP notebook. Thats about all I can tell you, if you would like more info please let me know, you may have to tell me where to find it though.

Thanks for your help with this matter.

Heart

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error is related to the failed extraction of the compressed files.

My best guess is that your download is corrupted.

Try to download "MSI" version of the installer from Adobe FTP (the links are posted in this forum frequently), which would get you to 10.0.0

Than you can manually update to 10.0.1

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. This will stop me pulling out my hair!

The link was ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win I ended up getting version 9. something, I will still try and update it but wont be fussed if it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2011 Mar 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both so much for this discussion! It was hard to find this thread, I looked all over for the error "The download did not pass the integrity check (162100.304.450)" just to be folllowed up with a second error 13042 when trying to put Adobe Reader X onto my updated Windows 7 OS. By going to the link you provided above for the FTP pages, I was able to get the 10.0.0 on my system. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines