3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2011 6:36 AM by Al2nian

Premiere Elements 9 organizer disable?

Al2nian

How do I prevent PE9 from automatically opening Photoshop Elements 9 organizer and importing every one of my 15,000 photos and videos? It bogs down my poor PC to the point where I can't get anything done. FYI: running XP with all upgrades an all other possible programs shut down.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 9 organizer disable?
          nealeh Level 5

On the Welcome screen there is a button to the upper right. Click this and you can select one of three options to occur at start up. Photoshop Elements has similar choices.

2.png

1.png

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 9 organizer disable?
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Actually, if you're having trouble running the Organizer, it may be an indication that your computer may not quite be powerful enough to do any serious video editing. The Organizer is actually a pretty low resource program that generally does it's automatic work only when you're not working on other things.

How fast is your processor, how much RAM do you have and how much free, defragmented space is on your computer's drive(s)?

Also, what type of camcorder is your video coming from?

Being aware of your system's limitations now can save you a lot of heartache down the road.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 9 organizer disable?
              Al2nian Level 1

Organizer and Photoshop Elements run fine -- although they spend a lot of time working my harddrive. Premiere Elements has always been a problem with agonizingly slow operation and frequent -- I mean a couple of times per hour -- crashes. I recently upgraded from 7 to 9 hoping for better results, but it's actually worse. Yes, I’m running a slow 2Ghz single processor, 4MB RAM, 120 Gig free HD space and standard NTSC DV video. I'd love to upgrade, but the double whammies of the stinking economy and alimony totally eliminate any upgrade possibilities. I'm just desperately trying to get a wedding video ready for my daughter. It’s all I can afford to give her.