• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I search our website and our Help system?

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2011 Feb 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I'd like our Help system to function more like RoboHelp's or Microsoft's. That is, when we click the Help button, I want to be able to search just the Help file and/or the help and a bunch of documents, webinars, etc. from a website. Is this possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2011 Feb 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use AIRHelp, you can include external websites in the resources to be searched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2011 Mar 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What within the website is searched? We have a page on our intranet that

lists webinars and other trainings. I really am a novice with this.

Janice E. Bushe

Technical Writer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never really looked at what it's searching for when it goes to external websites, but I would imagine it would find text strings for sure. It may check metadata tags on the web pages too for all I know. Pull down a demo of RH9 and play around with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I use V8?

Janice E. Bushe

Technical Writer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, it had AIRHelp in it too as an SSL layout. See Peter Grainge's site (www.grainge.org) for info on AIRHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2011 Mar 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like you want to search more than is in a RoboHelp output. If so maybe something like ZoomSearch is what you want. That could search your project output and other sources.

See my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp