4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2011 10:07 AM by Crist OC/PC

PPBM5 update

Harm Millaard Level 7

For those of you who missed it, I have been enhancing the website and one of the things that has been bugging Bill and me for some time was the crazy navigation to see the results page sorted in another way. You had to go back to the main page and select another test to sort on.

I solved it today and there is now a new menu on all the Results pages, that allows easy navigation back to the Home Page or to another view of the Results Page, sorted to the test you want to investigate further. When I sent it to Bill, he did not find it very clear and obvious and asked me to make it sort of 'flashy'. Now, personally, I hate flashes. It reminds me of the cameras that flash when I'm speeding...

In order to help you find the navigation, I put this image on the PPBM5 Latest News as well, but here it is again:

Menu.jpg

Hover the mouse over the light grey cell in the left upper corner and the menu will show. I hope this makes the results pages more accessible and easier to investigate than in the past.

Further suggestions to improve our PPBM5 benchmark test are always welcome. You know where to find us.

• 1. Re: PPBM5 update
          Jim_Simon Level 8

Nice, Harm.  That ties in with something I was talking about in another thread.

Now...how about a page combining the MPEG2-DVD and H.264 results into a "Total CPU Time", and sorting by that.  This, I feel, will give the best overall look at how any particular CPU performs against others.

• 2. Re: PPBM5 update
            Chuck A. McIntyre Level 3

I wish people considering building a system would first go to the PPBM5 website before asking opinions about an AMD system with solid state drives for example.  I am so lacking in tech support patience.  For instance, my wife had her sister on the phone the other day and was explaining how to get to a website I built.  I think it took her sister 7 minutes to open a web page. One time she called me because she couldn't fugure out how to shut down her brother's computer.  Bless her heart.  She is bright, but just doesn't spend time online.  You know, even in 2011, some people are just not computer savvy.  I suppose those of us with some knowledge take our knowledge for granted and think everyone should know what we know.  I think Harm has shown some great patience with folks lately.  I do enjoy his occasional smart @ss remarks though. 

• 3. Re: PPBM5 update
              Harm Millaard Level 7

You mean something like this:

Random person:

Why is this forum so slow?

Smartass:

Cause you came in... we made it that way to annoy you.

Talk about Jive.......

• 4. Re: PPBM5 update
                Crist OC/PC Level 2

Great Update.

Soon will be nice to have a filte for Proccesor's, GPU's and H.D. Config.

Very nice Harm.

B.R.

Cristobal