8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2011 7:05 PM by Stan Jones Branched to a new discussion.

Encore and Premiere Pro

kdoc2 Level 1

OK, first time going with Dynamic Link from PrP to Encore. I've burned one DVD, and now a few questions. This is an 11 minute DVD, with no chapters (just the beginning to the end). It looked quite good!! (Very happy with quality).

1. I want to now make a change or two in Premiere and have it be effective in Encore--Do I just make the change in Premiere, or what?

2. I have a menu, but it doesn't show up at the beginning--only after it's played once. How do I set it so it shows at the beginning and returns to the menu at the end?

3. I don't think the "End" or "Timeline" are set properly but have no idea how. (I don't find the Help menu here too helpful, though I tried to solve this myself). Suggestions?

4. Is there any point in setting Audio bitrate to over 192? I set it to max, 448.

Thanks

kdoc

• 1. Re: Encore and Premiere Pro
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Kdoc,

This Project has already been Dynamically Linked between PrPr and En. Is that correct?

Did you link to En from PrPro, or did you link to PrPro from En?

As for your Timeline not going back to your Menu, in En, look at the Timeline/Sequence for the End Action. That shoudl be set to the desired Menu, and you can even determine which Button will be highlighted by default.

As for the Audio, one is limited by the max-bit rate for both Audio & Video, and with just the Audio, by the DVD/BD specs.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Encore and Premiere Pro
            kdoc2 Level 1

It was dynamicly linked from PrP to En. En is still open, with the Sequence, the Timeline and one Menu.

I should mention that the "menu" is classified as "NTSC_Element Submenu" , if that matters. I'm wondering whether "menu" and "submenu" are handled differently.

Also, Under Timeline (Properties): End Action and Menu Remote are both set to "Return to Last Menu". As I only have one menu, I'd assume that would do it, but ...? I have "All Operations" permitted.

Is there a decent set of instructions on these things anywhere---not that I don't appreciate you doing all of this for us, but I'd like to lighten your load a bit if I could .

This whole thing is a mystery to me a bit, though even so, I got a damn good (quality) DVD out of it.

kdoc

• 3. Re: Encore and Premiere Pro
              Harm Millaard Level 7

In EN set the menu to first play and the end action to your movie. Check this in the flowchart.

• 4. Re: Encore and Premiere Pro
                kdoc2 Level 1

Thanks Hunt and Harm,

If I close everything down at night, and reopen in the AM after my customary rebooting (), is the Dynamic Link still active or do I have to establish it in again from scratch.

And also, I didn't get the answer, given my Dynamic Link (Prp to En), what are the steps for making a further edit in PrP and then having that be effective in En?

kdoc

• 5. Re: Encore and Premiere Pro
                  Harm Millaard Level 7

If you made a change in PR, you can use Replace asset in EN to update the changes.

• 6. Re: Encore and Premiere Pro
                    Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional
                    given my Dynamic Link (Prp to En), what are the steps for making a further edit in PrP and then having that be effective in En?

If you've already transcoded the Pr sequence, you need to do File | Revert to Original to get further changes in Pr to show up in En.

-Jeff

• 7. Re: Encore and Premiere Pro
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Jeff,

Good point, and one that is often overlooked.

Thanks,

Hunt

• 8. Re: Encore and Premiere Pro
                        Stan Jones Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If I close everything down at night, and reopen in the AM after my customary rebooting (), is the Dynamic Link still active or do I have to establish it in again from scratch.

I don't think this part was answered.  Once you set up a dynamic link, it does not require that you recreate it.  Premiere does not have to be open - when you open an Encore project with a dynamic link to Premiere (and Premiere is not open), an instance of Premiere is opened (without the visible interface).  This can sometimes take a bit of time.  I have one project with about 20 dynamic links to multiple Premiere projects.  It takes a bit to load.

It does not matter whether you originally established the dynamic link from Premiere or from Encore.

As Jeff explained, you use "revert to original" to allow Premiere to update changes in the Encore project when the Premiere sequence was already transcoded.  If you have not transcoded, it will update on an ongoing basis.

Note that you must execute a command in Encore to update changes to chapter markers you have made in Premiere.  They do not update automatically.

1 person found this helpful