2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2011 11:25 AM by MussiAnkki

Reader starts itself

MussiAnkki

YEsterday i updated to Reader version  X and noticed how annoying it was with those weird "share this and share that" stuff (howcome people have to share everything nowadays?)  so i uninstalled it and installed 9.3 version. Ok, when i opened a document i got this error:

readererror.jpg

Weird that it cannot be found cause i double clicked the file and it opened just fine.

So, i shutdown Reader and continued with something else when suddenly Reader just opens itself with this same error. I shut it down again just to notice that it opened again.

This kept on a few times until i uninstalled the piece of crap

My other computer has the same version 9.4 and it works just fine and thats why i think that its the version X that messed up this computer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

(i donloaded the older version from http://www.oldapps.com/ )

• 1. Re: Reader starts itself
          MichaelKazlow MVP & Adobe Community Professional

The problem may lie with the version you downloaded from a non-Adobe site. It might have all sorts of things embedded in it. You can get nearly every version of Reader from the Adobe ftp site. ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/Reader should lead you to any version you like. However, uninstalling the version of Reader you installed won't necessarily remove any malware installed with the version you already installed.

• 2. Re: Reader starts itself
            MussiAnkki Level 1

Thanks for your reply. I have been using this site, OldApps, many times and the software were always working, and they also look like the original ones. I am also always very carefull what to download and almost always scan everything. ... did not this time tho

But hey, thanks for the link. I didnt know that Adobe has this FTP site.

I now downloaded the same exact version, but guess what? Its the same exact file ... at least the file size and name are the same. If it would contain something special, malware etc. it would be larger or smaller. Im not sure tho, see:

untitled.jpg

Anyway, i made a System Restore today and deleted Reader'sleft overs. I will try again later with this official download.

Thanks again.