4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2011 12:47 AM by timwendel

Basic 3D Effects

timwendel Level 1

Hi there,

I'm totally new to "Premiere" and have a question regarding the "Basic 3D" effects.

I would like to import a picture and "swivel" it, but somehow I can't get this working.

The effect is applied, but just as a fixed state. No animation, no movement.

I was looking for something like keyframes, so that I could define a starting and an ending point.

I seem to be missing something, but haven't got a clue what.

Help... pleeeeease.

Best,

T

• 1. Re: Basic 3D Effects
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Start  reading on keyframes. Once you define them, you can tilt and swivel all you like or use distance.

Define a key frame at the beginning, move to the next point in time, set another key frame and the tilt/swivel/distance amounts, etc.

Like this:

1-3-2011 12-19-04.jpg

• 2. Re: Basic 3D Effects
            the_wine_snob Level 9

And to start animation, just position the CTI (Current Time Indicator w/ the red Edit Line) at the first Frame of the Clip (Selected, so you are working on it in the Effects Control Panel, as Harm showed), and click the little "stopwatch" icon. That toggles Keyframed animation ON/OFF.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - if just starting with PrPro, I highly recommend the Adobe Classroom in a Book Premiere Pro CS5, Adobe Press, as the author takes one on a very extensive tour of the program, and covers Keyframes in deep and useful detail. Great resouce.

Message was edited by: Bill Hunt - Added PS

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Basic 3D Effects
              Jim_Simon Level 8
              I highly recommend the Adobe Classroom in a Book Premiere Pro CS5

Another excellent (and free) resource is the included Help file.  You should be able to find most any information you need about how Premiere Pro works right there, including data on Keyframes.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Basic 3D Effects
                timwendel Level 1

Hello again,

thank you for your help. The moment I found the "Effects control panel" everything got a lot clearer.

But I'll definitely read into some PP literature.

Thanks again,

Tim