2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2011 7:58 AM by mdubuque

Poster Frame Issue

mdubuque Level 1

Hello,

I love the "poster frame" feature in PrPro, wherein you can change the image that appears on the thumbnail for the project clip by scrolling through your clip within the project panel and then clicking the little poster frame icon in the small viewer on the appropriate frame that you want to represent the clip. 

It is rare indeed that the first frame truly represents how you want to remember that clip for later sorting and editing.

As far as I know, I have performed this process correctly on a few items within a preexisting bin.  In the project bin my new, representative poster frame now appears for that clip.

Yet in the timeline the first frame of the clip appears on the thumbnail, rather than my poster frame.

Hmmmm.

Any thoughts?

It's a wonderful feature that can really speed up editing among clips that start with a similar first frame.  I'd love to take advantage of it.

Thanks,

Matt Dubuque

100 Trees

• 1. Re: Poster Frame Issue
          Colin Brougham Level 6

Yet in the timeline the first frame of the clip appears on the thumbnail, rather than my poster frame.

Matt,

Yes, that's the expected behavior of this; the poster frame is only for a heads-up reference in the bin or project panel. In the sequence, you'd *usually* want to see what the actual incoming frame is; I think it would be unintentionally deceiving if that thumbnail in the clip instance didn't match the first frame of the clip instance.

You might be able to work around this a little bit; you can change what is drawn on the clip instance with the following button:

sequence-frames.png

The "Show Frames" option might help you a bit.

• 2. Re: Poster Frame Issue
            mdubuque Level 1

Yes, I see your point and I appreciate the workaround!

Thanks Colin,

Matt