2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2012 9:33 AM by Triynko

Printing problems with Flash Players 10.1 and 10.2

dave cragg Level 2

I'm having problems when printing "lengthy" reports under Flash Players 10.1 and 10.2. (By "lengthy" I mean 15+ pages, but it seems dependent on the content of the pages.)

Symptoms: On OS X with Safari (with debug Player 10.2) I get timeout errors. On Windows with IE (regular Flash Player 10.2), the system crawls to  almost a halt, heavy CPU and memory usage.   With Firefox on Windows, the Flash Player will crash. A user with Player 10.1 on Windows also reports The Flash Player crashing in Firefox (he has 8GB of RAM).

The reports print fine under Flash Player 10.0

There was an earlier post here about what seems like the same issue. (http://forums.adobe.com/message/3486765)

There is a bug report (https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-6087), but so far no response from Adobe.

I'm surprised about how few reports there are about the issue, which makes me think it may be my code. (But it worked under 10.0.)

I'd be interested to know if others are experiencing the problem.

Better still, if anyone has any tips on how to resolve the issue.

• 1. Re: Printing problems with Flash Players 10.1 and 10.2
          Flex harUI Adobe Employee

I have been told that 10.1 and 10.2 use higher resolution printing that suck

up more memory, which I suppose could also increase rendering time and

likelihood of timeouts.

Work is in progress to deal with that, but I don't know which public player

release will have it.

• 2. Re: Printing problems with Flash Players 10.1 and 10.2
            Triynko

This is rediculous.  I have an application in use by thousands of students, and their teachers are supposted to be able to print login sheets for their classroom.  This was functioning fine for years, and now with the latest player upgrades, it's failing to print or printing only a few of the total pages.  I'm even seeing it print one additional page each time... first successfully printing 3 pages, then 4, then 5, when printing with adobe acrobat to PDF.  What happened?  What is this talk of timeouts when printing?  I'm not getting any error messages, it's just completing the file and displaying the PDF with only 4 of the 15 or 20 pages that Flash should have sent to the printer.