0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2011 5:01 PM by Adamousman

Next Hard Drive Purchase...

Adamousman

Hi All,

I've just completed a build and am thinking another hard drive purchase or two is my next best step.

I have a ASUS Saberooth, i7 950, GTX 470, 12GB 1600mhz RAM, Coolermaster HAF 942, a 10,000 rpm 300 GB Velociraptor (Boot Drive), and 2 X 1TB Samsung F3 Drives in a RAID 0.

My question is:

Should I just buy 2 more 1 TB samsungs to put my video output and preview files on?

If so, should I run these in a separate RAID 0, or is my motherboard without a RAID controller good enough to support this?

In addition to being my OS drive and swap file location, is the Velociraptor a place for anything else?

I've looked at the hard drive setup guide, and don't believe it addresses all of my questions, so I'd appreciate any help.

As well, I currently have the CS4 collection and I notice that the only slow down I have is when 2 HD Video tracks overlap... is this something that would be fixed with CS5 and the mercury engine... or would more hard drives in a more robust RAID 0 help out?

Thank you!