4 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2011 6:25 PM by daneyul

Cannot Delete Identity-H: Access Is Denied

Hurleyind

I was trying to do the Adobe After Effects CS5 version when I forgot that I'm using Windows XP and its a 32 bit while CS5 only works for 64 bit. Don't know why but it went right past my mind. So, I spent my hour downloading this trial and when it finishes, obviously I tried to install. The After Effects menu popped up and told me that it only works on 64 bit like I have mentioned. Since I couldn't do anything about it, I would do what any other person would do: delete it all. So what do I do? Attempt to delete it. I delete the installation folder on my desktop, which the installer left and created, and then I tried to delete the folder I created within my Program Files. I tried to delete it, and then the error had shown up:

Cannot delete Identity-H:Access is Denied.

Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected

and that the file is not currently in use.

Then the only option to click is Ok.

After that, I tried to find out which files were denied access. I can delete EVERYTHING else except for 2 files within the folder "...\reader_10.0\Resource\CMap\"

and the file names are "Identity-H" and "Identity-V". I have only one account on my computer and it is obviously the administrator. I have access to everything. I was thinking the problem was that it was Adobe and it was probably the timer that determines the time left for this trial. Any idea how to get rid of it? If it is what I expect, the timer, then I will wait it out. I really wouldn't mind. It really doesn't take up much space, but it would be really nice to get rid of it anyway. If you know how to get rid of it, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

My appologies for any typing errors or any words you cannot interpret. It's 9:32 P.M. as I type this. Once again, thank you.