3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2011 9:03 AM by Todd_Kopriva

4 Point Edits - Typo or Bug?

{KMS} Level 2

I have been working with 4 point edits and everything is going well, but I found one action that does not work according to the PPRO CS5 Help documents.  Listed below my post are the steps to make a four-point edit from the PPRO Help documents.  The second bullet under step six states that you can perform an insert edit and only shift the clips on the target track by holding down the Alt button and clicking the Insert button.  I have found that it does not work as described.  Clips that are located on tracks other than the target track are shifted as well.  The only way that I can perform a 4-point insert edit and only shift the clips on the target track is to turn off the sync lock for all tracks.

I wonder if the instructions for a four-point edite have not been updated since Sync Lock was introduced or is this a bug?  Can someone else confirm if the action listed in the second bullet for step six works or not?

Thanks.

Kevin Snyder

Make a four-point edit

1. In a Project panel, double-click a clip to open it in the Source Monitor.
      2. Click the headers of the tracks in a Timeline panel into which you want to add the clip to target them.
      3. In the Timeline, drag the source track indicators to the headers of the tracks into which you want the clip components to fall.
      4. Using the Source Monitor, mark an In point and an Out point for the source clip.
      5. In the Program Monitor, mark an In point and an Out point in the sequence.
      6. in the Source Monitor, do one of the following:
        • To perform an insert edit, click the Insert button

• To perform an insert edit and shift clips in target tracks only, Alt-click (Windows) or Option-click (Mac OS) the Insert button .

• To perform an overlay edit, click the Overlay button .

• 1. Re: 4 Point Edits - Typo or Bug?
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

I've asked the person in charge of the Help document to take a look at this thread.

The most direct way to point out problems in the document is to leave a comment on the page of the Help document itself. Then the technical writers will see the comment and be able to act on it.

• 2. Re: 4 Point Edits - Typo or Bug?
            {KMS} Level 2

Thank you Todd. I appreciate it.  Next time I will leave a comment in the help document.  I wasn't sure if it would be seen there.

It would be great if Alt could be used as a modifier key to override the targeted tracks and sync lock.  I have seen references to using the Alt key in older threads on the internet, but the dates of the threads lead me to believe that the users may have been editing in CS4, which I never had installed so I don't know if using Alt worked as described in the help documents.

Kevin

• 3. Re: 4 Point Edits - Typo or Bug?
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> Next time I will leave a comment in the help document.  I wasn't sure if it would be seen there.

It is guaranteed that comments on the Help pages will be seen by the right folks. It is unlikely that posts here will be (unless I forward them).