5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2012 3:44 AM by DanCondonJones

Form does not contain Fragments when I run it

vwormer1

Hi Folks,

I've got a form which uses fragments.This form previews fine in the designer, but when I try to run it using generatePDF Output in a process, the parts that come from the fragments are gone.

The following entries are in the log:

2011-03-04 10:27:19,482 WARN  [com.adobe.document.XMLFormService] ALC-XTG-016-649: [1160] Error attempting to read from file
      2011-03-04 10:27:19,482 WARN  [com.adobe.document.XMLFormService] ALC-XTG-029-698: [1160] InvalidSourceException Exception on URL: repository:///Header_Block_Variant2.xdp Exception: javax.ejb.EJBException: An unexpected exception occured: ALC-REP-018-000: Resource [/Header_Block_Variant2.xdp] does not exist or you do not have sufficient rights to access it.
      2011-03-04 10:27:19,482 WARN  [com.adobe.document.XMLFormService] ALC-XTG-029-217: [1160] Bad value: 'Header_Block_Variant2.xdp#som($template.Header_Variant2.Header)' of the 'usehref' attribute of 'subform' element ''. Default will be used instead.
      2011-03-04 10:27:19,482 WARN  [com.adobe.document.XMLFormService] ALC-XTG-029-418: [1160] XMLForm, PAexecute : 29418, Cannot resolve url: Header_Block_Variant2.xdp.
      2011-03-04 10:27:22,591 INFO  [com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.file.write.impl.FileResultHandlerImpl] FileResultHandlerImpl ----- preserved- source

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks

Vincent

• 1. Re: Form does not contain Fragments when I run it
          Hodmi Level 4

I suspect its the path to the fragments. 

The error says LC is looking for the repository:///Header_Block_Variant2.xdp fragment.  That looks a bit odd as the fragments aren't generally stored at the repository root.  Generally they are in an application or a sub directory under an application.  For example if I have an application called myApp which contains a folder called fragments, the path would be:  repository:///myapp/fragments/Header_Block_Variant2.xdp

• 2. Re: Form does not contain Fragments when I run it
            vwormer1 Level 1

We also have an application where the fragments are stored in a subdirectory from the application. When we run that process, the serverlog show this:

2011-03-04 15:25:53,325 WARN  [com.adobe.document.XMLFormService] ALC-XTG-016-649: [1160] Error attempting to read from file
            2011-03-04 15:25:53,325 WARN  [com.adobe.document.XMLFormService] ALC-XTG-029-698: [1160] InvalidSourceException Exception on URL: repository:Fragments/Header_Block.xdp Exception: javax.ejb.EJBException: An unexpected exception occured: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: com.adobe.repository.RepositoryException
            2011-03-04 15:25:53,325 WARN  [com.adobe.document.XMLFormService] ALC-XTG-029-217: [1160] Bad value: '..\..\Fragments\Header_Block.xdp#som($template.Header.Header)' of the 'usehref' attribute of 'subform' element ''. Default will be used instead.
            2011-03-04 15:25:53,325 WARN  [com.adobe.document.XMLFormService] ALC-XTG-029-418: [1160] XMLForm, PAexecute : 29418, Cannot resolve url: ..\..\Fragments\Header_Block.xdp.
            2011-03-04 15:25:54,341 INFO  [com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.file.write.impl.FileResultHandlerImpl] FileResultHandlerImpl ----- preserved- source

As you can see, the path starts with ..\..\Fragments\etc

Which I interpret as, go 2 subdirectories up and than go into the Fragmenst directory and get the fragment.

Vincent

• 3. Re: Form does not contain Fragments when I run it
              Hodmi Level 4

Assuming you launched Designer in Workbench and used that to add the fragments to the template, then the relative paths should be alright.   What you need to add is some information to tell Output where to start with the relative paths.

In your generatePDF call, under Template Options there is a Content Root URI field.   Output uses this, along with the paths in the form template to find the fragments.  The Content Root URI should point to the form template (not the fragments).

For example.  Say I have an application called GeneratePDF_Test v1.0  which has both a Fragments and a Forms directory.  Using Designer I create a new form and add the fragments from the Fragments directory.  Designer sets up my relative paths for me.  I save the form to the Forms directory.

In the generatePDF step I set the Content Root URI to:

repository:///Applications/GeneratePDF_Test/1.0/Forms/

Now Output knows where to start the relative paths so it can find the fragments

• 4. Re: Form does not contain Fragments when I run it
                vwormer1 Level 1

Thanks for your help. I set the correct Root URI in de process step generatePDFOutput2 and it works fine.

• 5. Re: Form does not contain Fragments when I run it
                  DanCondonJones Level 1

Hodmi you're a star!

We've been struggling with the same problem and that's fixed it!