2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2011 9:11 AM by JMResler

Flex RSL library issue

JMResler

I have a Flex app that loads a WSDL dynamically. The web service is then available to be called from the UI.

When I run the application from within the bin-release directory, outside of Flash Builder the application runs fine.

When I move the bin-release directory it cannot talk to the web service. The URL is read from the flashvars parameter.

I don't want to lead possible correct answers but I would expect this to be a path issue under other languages.

Is there something in the way the RSL's are setup that would change from the project directory to a relocated bin-release directory?

Thanks in advance,

John

• 1. Re: Flex RSL library issue
          Flex harUI Adobe Employee

If you are using file:// then you will need to modify the FlashPlayer Trust

file.  If you are using http:// it might be a crossdomain.xml issue.

Are you getting an error?  Post the full text of the error.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Flex RSL library issue
            JMResler Level 1

Well you were close. The Security Panel has an option to allow applications access from other sites. There is a crossdomain.xml file on the remote server

but my SWF didn't have permission to make the call. The mx:WebService object was not throwing an exception so I generated the objects from the

Data menu, retried and received the SOAP fault I wasn't receiving/catching earlier. This then put me on the right track to solving the problem. Thanks for

your input.

- John