3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2007 12:53 PM by WebmastaDj

Problem with Flash Video...

WebmastaDj Level 1
      I just added two .flv to a single .fla file. Inside the movie, there will be a menu that will load which ever video the user selects. I only have one problem, well, two. I get this warning when I export, publish, and preview the movie.

**Warning** The linkage identifier 'fl.video.FLVPlayback' was already assigned to the symbol 'Cat 1 - Items (Culture)/Tzu-Chi/highspeed', and cannot be assigned to the symbol 'Cat 1 - Items (Culture)/Tour of Asia/highspeed', since linkage identifiers must be unique.
      **Warning** The linkage identifier 'fl.video.FLVPlayback' was already assigned to the symbol 'Cat 1 - Items (Culture)/Tzu-Chi/highspeed', and cannot be assigned to the symbol 'Cat 1 - Items (Culture)/Asian Gala 2006/highspeed', since linkage identifiers must be unique.

How can I change the linkage identifier? I have tried right clicking on the on symbol in the libary, but I can't change any of the options. I imported the video just by using file, import, then import video. The movie still works ok, and all the buttons work. I just want to avoid any problems I may have in the future.

The other problem is also dealing with the videos. As the video is playing, the user has the opion of returning to the menu (which is just a gotoandplay function to the correct frame). The problem is that the video continues the play in the background (you can hear the sound) even though the movie went to the correct frame and you can not see the video. How do I get the video to stop playing? I have tried using the stop() function in fl.video.FLVPlayback but no go. Any suggestions?

BTW: using actionscript 3 and CS3.