• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WYSIWYG HTML Content Editor

Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2006 Aug 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using ActivEdit for my HTML content editor but am not particulary happy with the product or support. I've taken a look at Asbru Web Content Editor, which looks pretty good. KTML's editor is out because you can't change the size of the editing window so my main considerations are cross browser compatibility, sizable editing window, and and internal work around for Microsoft's object activation issue.

Can any one recommmend a good solution?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try FCKeditor,

I used this on a project a couple of years ago, worked great!
http://www.fckeditor.net/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not use dreamweaver? Cost issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 15, 2006 Aug 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've worked with http://www.innovastudio.com/ and is a great HTML editor, I think FCKeditor has more features, but is much expensive.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: SojoviI think FCKeditor has more features, but is much expensive.

Expensive?? FCKEditor is free! Although I would highly encourage anyone using it to put in a donation to support future development. It's a great product with a great feature set that works on most popular browsers (hopefully will even have Safari support in the near future).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does FCKEditor allow you to control the size of the editing window? Also, does it have a solution to bypass the Microsoft IE object activation annoyance? Lastly does it support CSS style sheets an you specify the directory for images using a variable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, you can set the width and height of the editor window and completely customize which widgets will appear. As for the IE issue, as far as I know that is not a problem with the 2.0 version at all, since it doesn't use any internal MS objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MaryJo,

I added two other questions to my previous post can you address those as well?

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sure. Yes, it has style sheet support. As for images, the uploader that comes with it for CF I believe wants you to use a specific image directory. I have my own image handler built into my product that I use instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation