2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2011 10:48 PM by rslotman

Issue working with states (FW CS5)

rslotman

Hi all,

Here's my thing: when I save a file and open it up again some time later, all the pages will be set in in the first state (which is shown at the top of the states panel). That's very inconvenient for me. I'd like the page to stay in the state in which I put it. Is there a solution or a workaround?

Another thing what's happening when I open up a saved document, is that some objects don't show themselves when I activate a different state of the page where the object is placed upon. It's showing up only after double clicking the object (and open up the object view, the page is grayed out) and the return to the page view. Pretty unhandy.

Also when saving: FW will always show the first page in the document, not the last page I've worked on. I'd like it to see that specific page.

Any help would be appreciated very much.

• 1. Re: Issue working with states (FW CS5)
          Linda Nicholls Level 4

You are putting pages on States? States are used for animations and interactive elements like buttons and rollovers. They are like the individual frames of a film strip.  Add states to pages rather than the other way around. Here's a form into which you can enter your suggestion that Fireworks remember which part of the document you were last working on.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

• 2. Re: Issue working with states (FW CS5)
            rslotman Level 1

Hi Linda,

thanks for your reply, but it doesn't solve my problem. I'm not putting pages on states. I do add states to pages. My main issue now is this:

What's happening when I open up a saved document, is that  some objects don't show themselves when I activate a different state of  the page where the object is placed upon. It's showing up only after  double clicking the object (and open up the object view, the page is  grayed out) and the return to the page view.

It's very important for me to resolve this, since other people working with my file otherwise only see white space instead of objects.

Thanks for your help.

Robbert