3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2011 8:07 PM by nirupam_tewary

Unable to "try" trial version... "Adobe Presenter failed to open because..."

tripletdad99

After installing the trial version of Presenter 7, and launching it in PowerPoint (2007)... each time I go to the "Adobe Presenter" tab, in PowerPoint, and try to click on any button (on the toolbar - for example "Help")... I see a dialog flash on the screen - for a brief moment... then it immediately goes away.

Then, if I click on "Help" again (or any other button), I get the following error dialog:

"Adobe Presenter failed to open because either it is not licensed or there is an error in the licensing system. Please close and re-launch PowerPoint and enter serial number to license it. If this problem persists, reinstall this product and try again."

Yeah, it's not licensed (yet) - it's a freshly installed "trial" version.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can get Presenter 7 working so that I can effectively evaluate it - to see if it will meet my needs or not?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Unable to "try" trial version... "Adobe Presenter failed to open because..."
          sumishra Level 1

Hi tripletdad99,

First of all we would like to suugest you to follow the steps as mentioned below:

1.Please clear the preferences for microsoft office and Adobe Presenter.

This will delete all the settings that you have done in office suite of products and presenter.

Next time when you lauch office , it will have the default setting enabled.

Delete the "Office" and "Adobe Presenter" folder available at the following locations :

Win XP :

installed drive(C: or D:)\Documents and Settings\UserName(this is your user account)\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Office

installed drive(C: or D:)\Documents and Settings\UserName(this is your user account)\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Presenter

Win 7:

installed drive(C: or D:)\Users\UserName(this is your user account)\AppData\Local\Adobe\Adobe Presenter

installed drive(C: or D:)\Users\UserName(this is your user account)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office

2. Restart the machine

3. Launch Power Point and use presenter. It should work properly.

We hope this resolves the issue.

If you are still facing the same problem then please do let us know the following details that will help us in investigating the issue.:

1. OS (XP,Vista, WIn7)

2. Window Edition (Enterprise, Home etc)

3. OS is 32 bit or 64 bit :

4. Power Point Edition(Enterprise or Home & Student )

5. Power Point is 32 bit or 64 Bit:

6. Have anyone ever installed presenter on the same machine before :

7. From where you have downloaded the Presenter Installer :

Thanks,

Subhransu

• 2. Re: Unable to "try" trial version... "Adobe Presenter failed to open because..."
            Bogumil_1985

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem on my computer. However, I don't have any Adobe Presenter-related folders in AppData\Local\Adobe or AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office.

I have Windows 7 Professional, 32-bit and PowerPoint 2007. I have iSpring Presenter installed.

Any ideas what's wrong with your trial version?? Thanks for help!

• 3. Re: Unable to "try" trial version... "Adobe Presenter failed to open because..."
              nirupam_tewary Level 1

hi boqumil,

this issue would occur if you have IE9 installed; to work around the issue, please follow the options detailed at:

http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2011/06/adobe-presenter-eula-issues.html

We are also pleased to inform you that the next version of Adobe Presenter(7.0.7) which resolves most of these installation and instantiation issues is due very shortly.

thanks

Nirupam Tewary

Adobe Systems