6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2011 10:29 AM by metzer123

Adobe Flash Light

I am trying to download Adobe FLash Light (3.1) from:

But cannot seem to find a link to actually download it (or am I just completely blind?)

I want to try to make mobile phone games/applications using Flash, and I read that FlashLite is best? If only I could find out where to get the program from!

• 1. Re: Adobe Flash Light
          robdillon Most Valuable Participant

That's a very old product. It was an add-on for Flash 8. It is no longer available from Adobe as far as I know. Look at the information about Flash for mobile devices in the Flash CS5 information for more on using Flash for small devices.

• 2. Re: Adobe Flash Light
            metzer123 Level 1

Is there a plug in / add on for CS5 for Flash Lite?

Also, is the player for mobile phones for flash content also called Flash Lite, and the actual program for making the content called Flash Lite too?

• 3. Re: Adobe Flash Light

No. Flash Lite was a set of tools to use with Flash 8 to write files that could be used on portable devices, mostly Windows Mobile. That platform is gone and so is the product. The current version of Flash, and CS4, include Adobe Device Central, a testing tool for Flash and other apps on mobile devices.

You can find out more about it here: http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/devicecentral/

• 4. Re: Adobe Flash Light
                metzer123 Level 1

The app/game I intend to make will be basic, its aimed at young kids. Im hoping that it will be work slighltly older phones (not smartphones althought if it works with smartphones it would be good), The app can be controlled with the keypad on a mobile phone or maybe touch screen with touch sensitive phones,

Would CS4 be my best bet?

• 5. Re: Adobe Flash Light

If you don't actually own a copy of Flash then you should buy the latest version, CS5. It may be difficult to purchase an older version in any case. I would never purchase software from a private party, and absolutely never from ebay.

• 6. Re: Adobe Flash Light
                    metzer123 Level 1

I was considering the trial version of Flash CS5 Professional as that seems to have Flash Lite 4 in there, however 1 thing im not too sure with it,

Im getting the impression that this is more to do with making mobile phone content on smartphones / latest phones rather than older phones? Is there not a way in order to get the best of both worlds, i.e. applications that can work with older phones and also with smartphones, touch-sensitive phones etc etc.

Thanks again