2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2011 10:24 AM by RDformMan

How to make range of checkbox values from a dropdown selection

RDformMan

Hi -

I have a drop down box with six options - " ", Corp, LLC, LLP, SP, GP, Other  - with export values of 0-6, in order.

I want to set check boxes further in the form based on the one selection possible from this combobox.

Stumped. Please help!

• 1. Re: How to make range of checkbox values from a dropdown selection
          gkaiseril MVP & Adobe Community Professional

What are the check boxes names and checked value?

The easiest method would be to place the check boxes in an exclusionary group, so the check boxes work like radio buttons except one could deselect a selected check box. The check boxes would use the same export values as the combo box. Then you only need to set the value of the group of check boxes to the value of the combo box. For a value from the drop down box does not match any value of the checked boxes, then set the check box group value to "Off" or the unchecked value.

• 2. Re: How to make range of checkbox values from a dropdown selection
            RDformMan Level 1

Thanks for your reply.

The checkboxes are named fnfCB-box - each of the six checkboxes has the same name. The check box style is check and each has a unique export value.

The combobox has 6 values as mentioned.

I'm not sure how to set the value of the checkboxes to the value of the dropdown.