6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2013 10:13 AM by RIBANI09 RSS

3.3 Bug: Win32 API Error 2 - Please help

55555Sparky Community Member

Wondering if anyone may be able to help with the following error message:

"An internal error has occured: Win32 API error 2 ("The system cannot find the file specified") When calling ShellExecuteExW from AgWorkspace.shellExecute".

The wonderfully unhelpful persons at the helpline said they could not help me but indicated If I reload the version 3.3 in a different location the problem would go away since some plug-in from v1.4 had infected the new install.

I have no custom add-ins/plug-ins, everything is default.

I followed these instructions, however still have the same error. I removed then re-installed 3.3 on another drive away from C:\Progfiles......

Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: 3.3 Bug: Win32 API Error 2 - Please help
          F. McLion MVP

... and your OS version is .. ?

• 2. Re: 3.3 Bug: Win32 API Error 2 - Please help
            55555Sparky Community Member

Sorry F. McLion, I could have provided the following additional information:

v1.4 lightroom owned, operating without issue, installed in default location

C:\... drive

v3.3 trial downloaded, installed default location, export operating without

v1.4 launched to compare, export working fine

v3.3 launched, export results in error message; determined that export actually

worked, just resulted in the error message

un-installed v3.3 per phone support (manager)

re-installed v3.3 on F:\ drive from copy downloaded on F:\... drive. No change.

Odly after I removed then re-installed v3.3, the pictures I was working

on appeared in the re-installed instance with the most current changes - I would

suspect a clean un-install would have removed any semblence of work done prior

to removing (at least pointers to modified files). Since not, this means the

un-install did not truely un-install, it simply removed some files but also left

some remnents.

Microsoft XP Home edition V 2002 Service Pack 3

Dell Dimension 8400 P4 3.00 Ghz 3.00GB ram

Hope this helps.

• 3. Re: 3.3 Bug: Win32 API Error 2 - Please help
              F. McLion MVP

The installer indeed does not remove everything. It does not remove your preferences, the catalogs and it does not touch the images of course. It would be a good idea to clean all residues of 3.3, reboot and reinstall at its default location. I don't have 1.x but I have 2.7 and 3.3 in parallel without any issues so far.

You can find the location of all the files with this help: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/843/cpsid_84313.html

If the error comes up again after the clean install, a screenshoot of the error would be helpful as well as the entries in the windows logs if there are any. I'm sorry, I don't really have another solid idea for the source nor for a solution of the issue.

• 4. Re: 3.3 Bug: Win32 API Error 2 - Please help
                Gabriella Wetli Community Member

I had the same problem and the solution was rather simple. I just had to check "take no action" in the very last field in the export window. I have the german version, it's called "post processing" or "further treatment" or so. The field was filled in by default but for some reason suddenly empty. After I clicked "take no action" the error message was gone and did not return.

• 5. Re: 3.3 Bug: Win32 API Error 2 - Please help
                  h-harris@live.com Community Member

This worked for me.  That field was filled with a blank.  Changed it to "do nothing" and now it works fine.

• 6. Re: 3.3 Bug: Win32 API Error 2 - Please help
                    RIBANI09 Community Member

Hi Gabriella, I war so frustriert, da ich nichts exportieren konnte, nachdem ich Lightroom 4 gekauft hatte. Deine Hilfe rettet mein Tag.(obwohl noch viel Schnee liegt. Vielen Dank.