4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2011 2:42 AM by Krishna Prasad B V

Contribute CS5 - Getting Locked Out by WebDAV on Review

OK, we're using Contribute CS5 here, and we have writers who are sending drafts to publishers here, and we're using WebDAV.  Contribute is using WebDAV locking, so as a result it's not creating any .lck file, the locks are being kept track by a WebDAV database.

However, when a writer sends a draft for review, and a Publisher tries to Publish, they get the following error:

"someone else changed this page on your website while you were editing it.  What do you want to do?"

When they select to "publish your draft, overwriting the changes the other person made," contribute responds with the following error:

"access denied.  The file may not exist or there could be a permission problem."

It looks like the only option would be to publish the draft as a new page.

When I go into Dreamweaver to see the check out information, it tells me that it is checked out by "Adobe Contribute."

I saw a few threads on this issue before, but none of the resolutions worked.

I saw one suggesting that I disable rollbacks, but rollbacks aren't disabled.

I saw this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/112454#112454 which said to give people permission to the _mm and MMWIP folders, but they already have Read/Write access to those folders.

The only way I am able to break the lock is to access the files using the service's web interface (which doesn't use WebDAV), delete the file there and re-upload the current copy.  I cannot seem to break the lock otherwise.

I don't know if this is a WebDAV issue or a Contribute issue, though the web server people seem to think it's something to do with Contribute.