5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2011 3:43 PM by Captiv8r

RH9 - how to create Context Sensitive Help automatically

shoehoard1 Level 1

I'm currently using RH8 HTML and am reading about upgrading to RH9. One of the appealing features is creating context sensitive help automatically.  Can't seem to get detailed info on this feature. Below is about the most info I could gather off Google. Can someone please direct me to a video or some kind of tutorial so I can see how this is done? Right now our map IDs are automatically generated. I believe the hex number is converted and then updated and stored in a .hm file. I look at the application window's title bar for the window name and match it up to what's in the .hm file. there's a little more to it but that's the gist of it.

Also, can I store topics in the improved resource manager? I'm trying to figure out if the resource manager will help with our single sourcing. We currently create symbolic links when we want to reuse content. Whole other subject.

Content I found thus far on context sensitive help in RH9:

An even bigger boost comes for those creating context-sensitive help. Open your application from within RoboHelp 9 and you can map dialog boxes to new or existing topics, with the necessary Help IDs extracted automatically. Some users will benefit greatly, but the target application must support RoboHelp’s new CSH API - currently only C++ APIs on Windows are supported.

Creating desktop application Context Sensitive Help (CSH) is now easier and automated. Context Sensitive Help topics can be mapped to C++ applications without any involvement from the Application Developer. This eliminates the dependency on developers. Authors can even test the CSH themselves in a time-efficient and smooth process.

Creating desktop application Context Sensitive Help (CSH) is now easier and automated. Context Sensitive Help topics can be mapped to C++ applications without any involvement from the Application Developer. This eliminates the dependency on developers. Authors can even test the CSH themselves in a time-efficient and smooth process.

csh.jpg