4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2011 6:04 AM by nealeh

"Failed to return video frame" when there AREN'T gaps?

borneoguy

Hey All,

So I resolved my previous "Failed to return video frame" issue using blank title tracks, and even successfully rendered and posted my project to YouTube.

I made three VERY minor changes, and "viooola!"  I get the error message AGAIN. Ah I can't win!   This time, I'm virtually certain there are no gaps whatsoever.  The fact that it posted right before I made these three VERY minor modifications only seems to confirm this.   Can someone help point me in the right direction?  I'm using Premiere Elements 4.

The changes I made were as follows:

1) Adding a transition effect to one of my images (Cross Dissolve) so it would blend nicely into the next (that next image lies on a different video track)

2) Increasing the time three images that were already successfully incorporated into my presentation display on the screen.

3) Adjusting the brightness/contrast/hue of one of my video clips (note: video clips from same source were previously edited in this fashion with no issue).

Thank you, oh Adobe Gurus.

-SP

• 1. Re: "Failed to return video frame" when there AREN'T gaps?
          borneoguy Level 1

Oh, and I should add, that I got the error message when the rendering bar appeared (eyeballing it here) to be about 90-95% of the way through my project, which happens to correspond to an area that I did not modify since the last time the project successfully rendered.  I combed through each track, starting first at this "suspect area," and I found no gaps.  Haaaaaaalp, please

• 2. Re: "Failed to return video frame" when there AREN'T gaps?
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

When your error occurs at exactly the same spot every time it's an indication that you've either got a corruption at that spot or you're running out of scratch disc space due to fragmentation, spyware or lack of space on one of your hard drive.

I dont' know the history of your issues or your computer's specs, so I can't be more specific than that. Sorry.

• 3. Re: "Failed to return video frame" when there AREN'T gaps?
              nealeh Level 5

borneoguy wrote:

So I resolved my previous "Failed to return video frame" issue using blank title tracks

To be certain delete the existing the blank title track and recreate it.

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 4. Re: "Failed to return video frame" when there AREN'T gaps?
                borneoguy Level 1

Hey all, this may be a fluke, but I wanted to share how I was able to solve this. I stumbled across a forum thread in which someone was having this same issue and found it to be due to color modifications they were making on certain video footage. Being that this was one of the few minor modifications I had made before my project ran into this problem (blank title slides had worked all along so it was not that), I thought I'd give it a shot.

I deleted the Brightness/Contrast/Hue effects I had added to my footage, and somehow it ended up working.   This seems very odd to me - especially since color modifications had been made to other segments of the same footage - but weirder things have happened.   Perhaps my computer (which is certainly very fragmented right now) felt my desperation and decided to give me a break.

This project is finally complete so I am signing off the forum for a while.  You guys have been indispensable.  I want to extend my most sincere thanks to each and every one of you!