Oh, and I should add, that I got the error message when the rendering bar appeared (eyeballing it here) to be about 90-95% of the way through my project, which happens to correspond to an area that I did not modify since the last time the project successfully rendered. I combed through each track, starting first at this "suspect area," and I found no gaps. Haaaaaaalp, please
When your error occurs at exactly the same spot every time it's an indication that you've either got a corruption at that spot or you're running out of scratch disc space due to fragmentation, spyware or lack of space on one of your hard drive.
I dont' know the history of your issues or your computer's specs, so I can't be more specific than that. Sorry.
So I resolved my previous "Failed to return video frame" issue using blank title tracks
To be certain delete the existing the blank title track and recreate it.
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children
Hey all, this may be a fluke, but I wanted to share how I was able to solve this. I stumbled across a forum thread in which someone was having this same issue and found it to be due to color modifications they were making on certain video footage. Being that this was one of the few minor modifications I had made before my project ran into this problem (blank title slides had worked all along so it was not that), I thought I'd give it a shot.
I deleted the Brightness/Contrast/Hue effects I had added to my footage, and somehow it ended up working. This seems very odd to me - especially since color modifications had been made to other segments of the same footage - but weirder things have happened. Perhaps my computer (which is certainly very fragmented right now) felt my desperation and decided to give me a break.
This project is finally complete so I am signing off the forum for a while. You guys have been indispensable. I want to extend my most sincere thanks to each and every one of you!