6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2011 3:04 AM by RayDee

Adobe Reader X and Humyo SmartDrive.

RayDee Level 1

I use the Humyo online storage service which installs a virtual drive on your local machine which is then kept in synch with the Humyo server.  Since installing Adobe Reader X I can no longer access pdf files held on this virtual drive (I get an 'Access denied' message).  This was not a problem with previous Reader versions.  I can't see any obvious settings that might affect this.  Anyone ant ideas?

• 1. Re: Adobe Reader X and Humyo SmartDrive.
          Bernd Alheit Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Anyone ant ideas?

Copy the files to a local drive and open the files.

• 2. Re: Adobe Reader X and Humyo SmartDrive.
            RayDee Level 1

My apologies, I was perhaps not clear enough in articulating what I was after.

I can, and do, copy files to a local drive to view.  However my Humyo drive is a heavily used working drive and it is not convenient to copy files over.  The point is that this all worked in previous Reader versions so why not with Reader X?

• 3. Re: Adobe Reader X and Humyo SmartDrive.
              ManishPali Adobe Employee

Have you tried with lastet Reader X update. To update your reader installation Choose Help-> Check for Updates

• 4. Re: Adobe Reader X and Humyo SmartDrive.
                RayDee Level 1

I have the latest version.  Just checked again and there are no updates.

Reader X does recognise my Humyo drive  -  using File > Open I can browse through folders OK but when I try to open a PDF I get an 'Access denied' message.

• 5. Re: Adobe Reader X and Humyo SmartDrive.
                  Kshakti Adobe Employee

Hi JayDerk,

Please perform the following and let me know the observations:

1) Launch Reader X, goto Help -> About Adobe Reader X . Just see if the version is 10.0.1.

2) Are the PDF file can be opened in browser form the virtual drive?

3) Operating system of your machine.

4) Is there any other way to open these PDF files other than the virtual drive. If yes can you please try to open those PDF files using that access method in standalone Reader and also in browser.

Thanks,

Shakti

• 6. Re: Adobe Reader X and Humyo SmartDrive.
                    RayDee Level 1

Hi Shakti

Answers to your questions:

1) Launch Reader X, goto Help -> About Adobe Reader X . Just see if the version is 10.0.1.

>> Yes

2) Are the PDF file can be opened in browser form the virtual drive?

>> Yes, can open in Firefox

3) Operating system of your machine.

>> Windows 7

4)  Is there any other way to open these PDF files other than the virtual  drive. If yes can you please try to open those PDF files using that  access method in standalone Reader and also in browser.

>> Yes, these files open OK with Reader X when moved to a non-virtual drive.  Other software such as Sumatra PDF can successfully access these files from the virtual drive.