it seems to me that the CS5 server has a problem with the file modification date. The first time I saw this was when I tried to get the modification time of the current document opened on the server through app.documents.filePath.modified. It always returned the wrong time and I was not able to fix this, so I let the feature down. Now I think I found another situation where this "bug" seems to take place.
- Export a story into incopy format (icml)
- change the local icml-file
- update the link on the server, everything ok
- another change on the local file
- update the link, and now, the content is not updated
- save document
- restart server
- open document again
- update link, and the content is updated correctly
Maybe this two problems are connected but I can not say this for sure. I hope a developer can take a look at this.