Peter, in the PC world, we need to have our ereader plugged in and ready to
use before we start ADE. Then, ADE will recognize the ereader. Maybe this
will work on the Mac also, as it would be safe to assume that the ADE
internal processes are the same or close enough.
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately that does not seem to fix it. I note that the PRS-505 is not listed as a supported device on the Sony website, only the PRS-500 and the latest desktop Reader Mac software. Perhaps the 505 is just not supported in the Mac software, which seems a bit strange. Anyway, much thanks for the suggestion.
In order to fix this please do following.
1) Connect your Reader to your computer.
2) Once conncted you will find a new drive created similar to C or D drive under My computer.
3) Open the Readers Drive and you will find one or two folders with name Digital Editions.
4) Delete those folder and plug off and re plug in the Reader.
5) Authorize Reader from the same Adobe ID which you used to Authorize Adobe Digital Editions.
6) Now try to transfer books to your Reader
1) Click Start>>Run
Type "regedit" in the box and hit enter.
Locate the following key HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Adobe>Adept>>Device delete the full folder (Right click on it and click delete).
2) Now Connect your Reader and then open Digital Editions.
3) Now it should recognize your Reader.
4) Connect the Reader and authorize it with same ID.
I hope this will help you..
Thanks your help, but to no avail.
I tried Method 1, but it id not work. I cannot seem to get my Sony Reader authorised. It never asks me to do it and I cannot see where I can do it. I have an account at the Sony eStore, but that doesn't help.
Cannot use Method 2 on my Mac.
Many thanks for trying to help.
I am having the same problem since I re-installed Windows XP and the DE. Now my PRS505 does not show DE. I am afraid to delete folders through 'My Computer' since I am fear deleting books on the reader
Sorry I have to rephrase the problem.
After I re-installed Windows XP followed by ADE, ADE wont see my Sony PRS-505. I am afraid to delete folders on My Computer then 'G' drive and digital editions folder with my reader plugged in for fear of erasing the books on my Reader