2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2011 10:51 AM by adninjastrator

Creating mp3 player

chasechris

I've been trying to find useful information on the web about using components in flash. I want to create a simple mp3 player, and I wanted to use the components because I thought that would be easier. I want to create something like this: http://www.cleanlink.com/cleantips/details/WetDry-World-New-Innovations-in-Vacuums-icourte sy-of-ProTeami--25273

Can anyone help getting me started in the right direction with this? Either how the component works or how to go about this in general. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Creating mp3 player
          chasechris Level 1

I have since developed something that is beginning to work the way I'd like, however I can't figure out how to do something. I have and audio file on frame 1 and an audio file on frame 3. When I switch to frame three, the audio file on frame 2 continues to play...how do I get it to stop playing when switching frames?

• 2. Re: Creating mp3 player
            adninjastrator Level 4

Your problem is an often overlooked issue.

Think of it this way... if you were listening to a radio in one room (or frame) of the house and walked into another room, and turned on another radio..would it surprise you if you could still hear the radio in the other room? NO...so just remember to turn off the radio in the first room (frame) BEFORE you go to the next room.

So do the same thing with you mp3 player.... the your action to move to another frame, the very first thing you have to do is turn off the mp3 player in that frame. One simple way to do that is to include whatever "Stop Play" button action you have in your mp3 player as part of the button to move to the next frame.

So if your player "Stop" button is:

stop_btn.onRelease = function() {
            currentPosition = 0;
            jukebox.stop();
            paused = true;

}

be sure to include those same stop actions in your button to go to the next frame.... turn off the first player BEFORE you start a second.

Best wishes,

Adninjastrator

1 person found this helpful